1) I checked out four CDs from the library.
2) I wanted to return them and threw them onto the trunk of my vehicle.
3) I pulled out the car forgetting about the CDs.
4) I realized I forgot something I needed, and turned around.
5) I saw two of the CDs in the middle of the road near home.
6) I picked two of them up (Neil Young and Titus Andronicus); no damage.
7) I needed to find the two other CDs.
8) I retraced where I drove, i.e. around two blocks.
9) After 15 minutes of driving and looking closely at the street, I saw a UPS truck drive over Sky Blue Sky by Wilco; casing damaged, but not CD.
10) This left a Drive-By Truckers CD. I searched and searched and didn't find it.
11) I went to the gym, frustrated at probably losing one CD, but happy to have found three of them.
12) I went to the library and found out someone found the final CD in the street and walked it to the library. The lady told me, "This guy walked in and said, 'I found this in the middle of the road!'"
13) I said, "Good Samaritans!"
13) Don't put stuff on your car and drive off.