This form of writing is difficult -- a mix between figuring out what details of self-disclosure to share and to what degree they will make one seem self-righteous, narcissistic, reserved, and so on. Originally posted to Facebook.
1. I used to smoke occasionally but have not inhaled since Winter 2006.
2. In eighth grade, I decided to be a newspaper opinion columnist.
3. Although I've never published a full op/ed in a non-student newspaper, I have published letters to the editor in the NYTimes and other major newspapers.
4. I have been an atheist since 1998, but have likely been to more churches than you.
5. In 1993, I became a fan of Nirvana before Kurt Cobain died.
6. I smile excessively when I am uncomfortable.
7. I have never been in a car accident. (Jinx.)
8. I listen to Leonard Cohen's music -- all of it.
9. I daydream about telling fake stories about myself but never follow through.
10. I try to avoid watching sitcoms with laugh tracks, but when I do watch them, I inevitably laugh.
11. I own an acoustic and an electric guitar and am limited by being self-taught.
12. I like the idea of drinking Guinness, but always find that it tastes bland.
13. As a consumer, I do not buy or own much.
14. As a boy, I attempted to make a handmade bow and arrow but failed.
15. After years of playing baseball, I never really got very good. However, my one home run, in eighth grade, was a grand slam.
16. I supported Hillary Clinton but eventually changed over to Obama.
17. I brush my teeth multiple times a day, a habit I started after having four painful wisdom teeth removed at age 23.
18. I am having a Facebook renaissance (friending people, posting, etc.) after ignoring it for a long while. Soon I will go into Facebook remission.
19. My favorite cartoon was He-Man, because his alter-ego was named Adam.
20. I once shot a Glock 9mm, but I have never been hunting.
21. I believe I may be the fastest baby pig processor ever. This was the process of prepping baby pigs for life at my hog farrowing facility job 2003-2004: grab, give two shots, cut teeth, de-nut males, cut tail, place back in pen. This took about 3 seconds for me.
22. I suffered from near-constant ear infections as a kid, which having tubes inserted did not really help.
23. From about seventh grade to sophomore year in high school, I could have been called "a gamer," becoming best at N64's Goldeneye. Now I almost never play video games.
24. I used to drink regular coffee every morning, but now do not drink caffeinated coffee or tea.
25. I'm sentimental about only one thing: my dog Ellie.