1 Minute Speech
This is a class assignment idea my two classes will not have time to do.
In one minute to 90 seconds, explain a process on which you have some degree of authority. This could be explaining how to prepare one's hair, how to play basic chords on a guitar, how to clean toilets, how to read quickly, how to guess effectively on multiple-choice exams. Think of your own example; just be sure to start with the phrase "How to..."
Mine, via important points:
How to exercise and eat well for health and wellbeing.
1) Exercise: Move your body with its own power. Move major limbs and torso somewhat intensely (like a fast-paced walk) for at least 20 minutes a day, or 40 minutes three times a week. Everything that propels your body mass counts: bicycling, walking, lifting weights, running, swimming, cleaning house intensely.
2) Drinking: Make water your most-used liquid to drink; drink five or six cups a day for proper hydration. Don't drink too much coffee or soda (i.e. less than 200 mg of caffeine a day).
3) Shopping and cooking for food: Always choose natural foods instead of sodium-laden processed foods -- shop the perimeter of the grocery store, where fruits, vegetables, eggs and dairy, meats, and whole grain wheats are. Learn how to cook your own food without a microwave.
4) Eating: Eat for "fuel." First, choose foods for macronutrients, which are carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Each time you eat, include a carbohydrate food that has fiber (fruits, vegetables, lentils, whole grain (w.g.) bread, w.g. tortilla, w. g. rice), include a food that has high-quality protein (meat, fish, cheese, soy, milk, nuts, lentils), and choose foods that have "good fats" instead of "bad fats" -- good fats are avocadoes, olive oil, one egg yolk a day, nuts, fatty fish, so on. Bad fats are used in processed foods, french fries, doughnuts, so on.
5) Supplements: for best results, take a multivitamin and omega-3 fatty acid capsules, fish oil and/or flaxseed.
6) Sleep and hygeine: get at least seven or eight hours of sleep a day. Brush your teeth twice a day. Wash yourself at least every other day.
Wellness means exercising, drinking, eating, sleeping and cleaning yourself well every day. Be positive and treat people well.
No profanes - sacred